Friday, July 24, 2009

tuberose



I really, really, really wish my lens could capture scent and convey it to you, because this delicate flower came straight from heaven! This is my mexican tuberose that grows right outside my front door next to my confederate jasmine, to greet me with it's sweet smell whenever I leave the house or even when just walk outside to pick one of it's flowers. I have one sitting on my desk right now as I prepare for Jackie and Matt's wedding tomorrow and the smell is so powerful! So I just had to step out front and snap a few pics for you.




I ordered these bulbs a few years ago on ebay and they bloomed that first year. They grow to over 3 feet every year and bloom from late june on through the fall. I even dug up some of the bulbs this spring and moved them to the backyard and they have thrived as well.

The sweet scent is like every southern flower wrapped into one, jasmine, gardenia, and the nectar from the god's... honeysuckle! My research tells me that tuberose is the one scent that is found in nearly every perfume, and you know how I am about my perfume!







Everyday there are dozens of new blooms!


Stop by sometime and I will dig up a bulb for you and give you a flower to smell and put in your hair.
t

2 comments:

  1. don't they smell amazing! I certainly can't grow them you lucky duck

    ReplyDelete