Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My favorite Veteran

My Grandpa, John Marshall Little, is not only one of the sweetest people I have ever known he is my hero! In 1941 when he was only 16 years old he lied about his age so that he could enter the Navy to fight in WWII and went on to survive a kamikaze attack while stationed on the USS Wilson!! This survivor and tens of thousands of others deserve our thanks today and every day.
Grandpa Marshall, today I honor you and your comrades. Thank you for your Service, your Sacrifice and your Courage. I love you so much!

weesie gayle

You can learn more about his service here.


The shot above was from his trip to the the WWII memorial in DC he is with Joe Bonner U.S. Congressman from Alabama

1

IMG_0401

IMG_0405

3

4

5

8

7

10

These pics are from last year
The ones below are from the Little family reunion this October








1 comment:

  1. Love it...what a way to honor him. I totally love the one of his hands lighting his pipe. Makes me miss my Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete